Friday, October 15, 2010

AHRC project

Since I am part of a living learning community on campus I must participate in a "hall beautification" project for our floor of the Suites here on campus. I am really excited about this project because it uses my major in a very unique way. What we are doing is incorporating the campus read this year, "The Boy that Harnesses the Wind" and putting that idea into the Boise metropolitan area. I think that this will be really fun because we get to take lots of pictures of Boise and then mount them on canvas and paint our interpretation of a windmill on them. This will help bring the message of William Kamkwamba's book reach Boise. I think that this project will be really cool because it is really an interesting idea that I think will make an impact on the community. I think that the project is sophisticated and visually appealing to the viewer, or at least the idea seems to be to me anyways. I am very excited to be working on this with 3 other girls in the community and I hope that it will turn out really cool!
I have a sort of connection with this piece, more so than I do with other pieces that we do in the community because this one really involves what I love the most, photography. I think that I can get some really spectacular pictures of downtown or of the parks or even at the zoo that can really show how much Boise is trying to "go green". I am really in love with the idea of making the pictures black and white and then painting the windmills on top of the print in bright colors so that it looks as if the windmills are something exciting and bright in the community of Boise. I think that this encompasses what the University wants us to get out of the book which I think is this idea of ingenuity and doing something for the good of our community. I can't wait to start on this and really hope that it will turn out just as we had planned, if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment