Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Project Number 2 #4

I have actually started working on my project. Which is good. I have started cutting the cups and really getting a picture of what my project will look like in the end. I think it will be super sweet! I think that the simplicity of the material and the complexity of the design will really be good for the viewer because then they will have a change to question what the material is, something that is used everyday, but they will be given the chance to admire the design elements of the piece.
So here are my drawing for this project.


I know that some of them are lopsided......but yea.

The main gist of the project is such.
1. take a regular plastic cup and cut the bottom and the ring off of the top of the cup.
2. cut the cup in a way that it will spiral around just like a spiral of a notebook.
3. do this a bunch of times until you get around 200 of them.
4. suspend them from the ceiling at eye level so the viewer feels surrounded by the cups.
5. paint some to give the eye a place to rest and scatter those in with the white cups.
6. enjoy.

I think that this is going to be a super cool project once I get it up and running. Its gonna take me a while to hang, but I think the end effect will be really cool. I want my viewer to be able to play with the cups and not be afraid to touch them, because I like art that you can experience. And I think that is just what this is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment