Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Project #2

So today we finished our projects for our final. We also started installing a little bit. But the majority of our time was spent painting the figures and putting them back together after they began falling apart during the weekend. It was somewhat disappointing to see them all fall apart, but we figured out how to get them back together, and it was better from then on. They look pretty epic, and I'll have pictures on thursday about them.
I think that I will continue to write on my blog, however I'm a little hesitant because I don't really like it. But I think I will post some of my pictures so some of my friends that I don't see a lot can keep up with my photography. I do think its useful for that.
I find blogging a really interesting subject because of the way that many people feel about it. It bothers me mostly because of the fact that whatever I put up here is accessible to everyone and it will never go away. Which is why I'm a bit hesitant  to put my pictures up here because people could steal them. So that's a little unnerving. However, I do put watermarks on my pictures, so that will help a little bit.
I have an art history test this week. I'm not really excited about it. Its our last one however, so that'll be nice! It covers Romanesque and Gothic art mostly. I think that these two time periods are really interesting because its like they forgot about the classical artists and styles and just started doing whatever. It is very interesting to me how the arts were only used to teach people about religion and not really for hte sake of doing art. It makes me somewhat sad. I guess, however if we didn't have these times we wouldn't have the art we have today, so for that I am happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment