Friday, December 3, 2010

Final Project!!

So my final project idea was rejected. I pitched to the class that we should make a collection of origami animals or shapes and then display them in a vitrine for the public to see. It was rejected, which it should have been, compared to the rest of the ideas, so I'm ok with it. :) So I chose to be on Cara's team, on which I am a part of making clay sea animals that have ran away from the set because their series, Nautical Dude! has been canceled. However, 50 or so years later, they have been found, and are on display for the public to see.
So these creatures consist of molded clay, seashells, and acrylic paint, not yet applied. I had a lot of fun creating these characters, they look really awesome! I took some pictures of the ones that I have created for you to see. They look really cartoonish, which is a huge accomplishment for me, since I have never been able to create characters like this. So I'm really excited to reveal them during the
museum exhibition that our class is putting on during finals week! So here they are... each of the creatures is complete with a shell that
they either live on, call their home, or is attached to them for protection. I think that they look really cool and I had the most fun making this project so far. I also think that they will be a great part of the exhibition, and I'm really excited about showing them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment