Monday, December 6, 2010

Some more of my pictures and what I think about them

So I took this picture this summer, actually when I was driving up to come to orientation for college. It was taken somewhere in Oregon, and I really like it. I think that its a little different than the stereotypical picture of person with camera in car mirror because of the surroundings that were happening when I was taking the picture. I think that my mom was like freaking out because I had just gotten my new camera, and I was literally holding it out of the car to get the shot, and my dog was like nudging my other arm, we had all been in the car for like ever!, and everyone was pretty tired of this trip lol.  So what do I do? add some excitement to our trip and start taking pictures. :) I also think that this picture is down right sweet because of the fact that the mirror is perfectly crisp, but the outside is blurred, this is pretty hard to achieve, and I kept taking the picture until I got this effect. I also like the mountain in the back....... kinda looks like a pyramid (my art history nerdyness coming out, sorry). Any ways, I just really like this picture, and it kinda means a lot to me because if you notice it shows my class ring on my finger, so its kinda like looking back at the past, high school, while the current is passing by me, which is something that I try to avoid, because I want to live my life to the fullest.

So this picture I took at a wedding a few months a go. It was some of Ben and I's friends getting married, it was super cute! Anyways, this was after the wedding, and we were getting ready to leave, and someone handed me this rose. I thought that it was beautiful! So, since it was a wedding, and there was white everywhere, I layed it on a white surface, because monotone is very appealing to the eye in pictures like this.
This is actually one of my favorite pictures that i have taken in a long long time. I like how the rose is a bit worn out, and how you can really see that in the picture, it really makes me have an emotional reaction to this scene because you don't know if it was at a wedding or prom or something, without me telling you. It is not very specific to the event, which I think in some pictures, works. This is one of them. I really love how the depth is also portrayed in this picture because of the way the stem lays in the background. It is just a really beautiful composition.

Last one for today. I took this picture at a county fair in Twin Falls county, where I'm from. It was at the rodeo, and I was so excited to be going! It was the first rodeo that I'd been to in awhile, so it was pretty awesome! I love the sun-rays that are present in the picture and how it bounces off the lens, hence the dots. I think that the image content is really cool too, because I love horses. This may not be the best picture, but it is definitely not a bad one I think. I really just love the ruggedness of the dirt and the whole idea of the beginning processions at the beginnings of rodeos, so its a really stunning picture for me. I also like how it reflect something that this part of the country takes seriously, and that is the sport of rodeo, and also the beauty of the opening scenes of this epic sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment