Monday, December 6, 2010

underwater photography

So lately I have become really interested in the art of underwater photography. I think that this is a really unique art form because of the way that people look underwater. The liquid has a unique ability to catch almost everything that makes up your body and move it in a way that makes it beautiful. You can shoot many things underwater, but my favorite pictures that come from under the water is of human bodies.
This is an extremely challenging  area of photography because of the special equipment that is used as well as the fact that water has a way of distorting things that shooting around can be really hard. One of the major things that water distorts are the waves lengths of colors that the person, animal, plant, or other subject puts off. It can be especially tricky to get what you see in real life to translate onto the camera's memory.
I think that this is probably one of the the challenges that the photographer meets with a happy heart. I believe that you have to be a pretty dedicated person to work on your images that hard to ensure a beautiful shot. There are ways to prevent the loss of color from happening as bad however. You should always use a wide angled lens so that you can get extremely close to the object that you are shooting and you should use a flash to restore some of the color in the object of your focus.
Many times you can shoot underwater with the camera that you already own, you just have to buy some simple things, like a water proof case and flash, to keep your equipment safe. Many like to shoot underwater because it produces beautiful pictures and they are ones that can not be replaced.
I have never shot underwater, but I really would love to try it out. I think that it could be a really fun experience and it would help me further my portfolio and my skill set for the future job that I want of being a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment