Sunday, November 21, 2010

Annie Leibovitz

Annie Leibovitz was born in Connecticut in 1949. She is the thried of six children and has always grown up loving photography. She attended San Francisco Art Institute where she majored in writing and drawing. She really became interested in art during her high school career.
She has had a multitude of job, but her most prevalent employer has been The Rolling Stones Magazine. Here she photographs artist and their lives in their daily habitat. She also has taken many photographs of famous movies and fashion weeks. She has three children, one who is 10 and a pair of twins who are 6. She also had a romantic relationship wit ha writer who died in 2004.
I really like her work because it inspires my own. She is mainly a personal photographer, and only shoots portraits, however, she has been getting into macro photography more and more. Possibly my favorite photoshoot that she has photographed is the one the she did of the movie Marie Antoinette. I really like this shoot because of the simple fact that she did her research on how the queen liked to pose and how she liked to be painted. I really like the eye that she has for photography because it is so unique and different that it sets her apart from all other photographers out there.

I think that one of the most significant photoshoots that she has done lately is the one with Miley Cyrus. I think that this was an extraordinary photoshoot because of the fact that it showed her vulnerability and perspective innocence. I really enjoyed how everyone got all uptight about her being so “revealed”.  I really liked the lines in this photograph and I think that she was very beautiful!
 I think that she has been very influential in the world of photography because of the fact that she has gone places that other artists dare not to go. She has taken risks with her photography because of the simple fact that she loves to make people think about her subjects in a different way than the normal photography. I love the way that she takes risks and doesn’t apologize when people don’t like it. She really loves her art for the sake of her art.

No comments:

Post a Comment