Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Project 4 #2

So I think that I may have come up with an idea for my project. I think that I will go with a Kara Walker approach and make silhouettes in my pictures and make them in a way that pertain to my life. I think that this could be really interesting because I really like photography and making silhouettes with this art form. I think that some possible ideas for these silhouettes would be horses, basketball and volleyball players, as well as other sorts of animals that I love. I think that this could be really cool when we work in a group as well because then it could be like an exploration of what is important to each of the people in our group.
I think that the installment I would like to make would have 3-5 people for an ideal size and have 3 photo's each. Each one of these pictures would examine different aspects of the persons life and would be complete with an explanation of what your life would be like with out that thing and how it is different with that thing. I think that this could be really interesting and could be in fact really influential if done on a bigger scale.
I am becoming more comfortable with this project because of the fact that I have thought about it long and hard and have done my research, so it is becoming easier as I go on with the project. I think that this will be a really fun project for the class, and it will be interesting to see what everyone does.
Ideally my project would have to do with a persons history, but it is not necessary. I think that many of the people in our class will like this project because many of them have experience with a camera. I think that it would be really fun to work with others and develop their skills if they aren't familiar with a camera or the process it take to make silhouettes in pictures.
I really hope that my project gets picked because I think that it will be displayed well in the space that is provided, and I think that it would interest a lot of people, and could catch a lot of people's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment